For my PhD thesis, I have analysed Dance music history briefly, from the beginning of electronically produced sounds, via the early genres of Dance music (Disco, House, Techno, EBM), the boom in the 1990 and current developments. This article gives … Read More
Dr. Johannes Ripken
This is the music industries blog by Dr. Johannes Ripken.
Read through the author's page to get more information.
[For German speaking visitors]:
Dr. Johannes Ripken published a comprehensive specialist book on "Organic Artist Development" through the well known publisher NOMOS Verlag in collaboration with Popakademie Baden-Württemberg, the University for Music Industries and Pop Music.
- Streaming revenues 2017 are about to double in just one year!
- CeBIT 2017 snapshot: Livyu.com – Like being on Stage with Robbie Williams
- CeBIT 2017 – why and what for the Music Industries?
- Does music streaming have the potential for a new ‘Golden Age’ for the recorded music industry?
- Blog Recommendation: hypebot.com